Praying for Uzbekistan where 1% of the population is Christian:
Christian worship in the local Uzbek language is prohibited. Authorities raid non-registered churches, and confiscate Christian literature and music.
Converts from Islam bear the brunt of persecution: BarnabasAid reports that they are imprisoned for 15 days. During the first 4 days they are tortured in attempts to make them deny Jesus Christ. Then the evidence of their bruises are allowed to heal for 11 days before they are released.
- For Baptists, Evangelicals, and Pentecostals who are amongst the most threatened, raided, fined, and arrested.
- For converts placed under house arrest by their own families.
- For Christian women forced to marry Muslim men.
- Praise God that the church is growing despite severe persecution and some Christians emigrating from the nation.
- Praise God, the first Bible in the Uzbek language was completed and printed 12 months ago.